After a couple of years of procrastination, I am back working on this. I’ll post the current changelog a bit later in the post. Overall, I’ve completed the Log Viewer functionality. Continue reading Astra Imperia Aide, or AI Aide
So, after two years of non-action, I’ve delved back into the AI Aide program. Much of the last few hours of work has been dedicated to reading the code and regrokking it. Continue reading AI Aide
This one caught me in the middle of something, so not sure how stable it actually is compared to 1517.
Continue reading AI Aide 1519 Release
Build 1517 is now available. Most of what went on in this build was behind the scenes. Continuing the coding of the table specific classes, along with some improvements to them. Fixed some saving to the database that was not being done before.
Continue reading AI Aide build 1517
This is the change log for build 1513. Builds increment every two weeks on Wednesday.
Continue reading AI Aide update 1513
Been a while since I’ve made an update. Most of what I’ve been doing in my spare time has been with the Astra Imperia Aide. I’m working on a launcher that will update to the latest version of the program files and database. There will be an option to not update, if you are so inclined. Other than that, I’ve been adding localization to the program. Currently it has English and German. Volunteers for other languages would be nice.
Did some work on the Astra Imperia Aide last night. Worked out a couple of bugs and put in a console type command line function. Continue reading AI Aide Update
Due to some feedback, I have slightly modified the logging and database locations for the program. Prior, they were stored under subdirectories in the install directory. This requires admin rights to write to the logs and the database. In a database intensive application, that might get annoying. So now logs and the database are stored in the user’s appdata directory. This should mitigate the need for admin rights.
I also dropped the use of nlog. The logging I’m doing is simple enough that a function with a couple parameters handles what I need. There are four log files planned; an errorlog which contains errors, a log file which has general info like program status and SQL queries, a game log file with general game information, and a race log file with racial events logged.
A small update on the AI Aide project…
The program allows the user to create and save a race to the database and to create a game. There is a small bug in the code that allows you to select an existing race as the race to be used for a new game. The database tool reads tables and can regenerate the database when needed (wipe to a zero state).
Next steps –
- A race display which shows racial details, colonies, personalities, and research options.
- A screen to create/display stellar systems.
- Research projects.
- Creating ships.
There is much more to do, but these steps should keep me busy for a while. I plan on releasing test releases as I go. The first will be when I squash the bug mentioned above.